Friday 21 March 2014

Lidil in shoplifting Scandal

It's very hard not to get angry about this. Although my main concern is this doesn't happen to anyone else really nothing else.
Below in the response I have so far from Lidil:

From: customer.services@lidl.co.uk
Date: 20/03/2014 13:54:55
To:  Mr Lee Smith
Subject: Reference #7079249:

Dear Lidl Customer

Re: Your Contact

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Your feedback is valuable and we appreciate your patience whilst we look into your comments.
We have passed these details to the relevant department and we will contact you again once we receive their response.
We take great pride in selling high quality products at competitive prices and providing customers with an excellent service. Comments and suggestions from our customers help us to maintain the high standards we aim for.
We will be in touch in the near future.
Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH
Lyn McAulley

Customer Service
Tel – 0870 444 1234
Email - customer.services@lidl.co.uk

I fully support and recognise that Lidl need to protect themselves from shoplifters, and that mistakes can happen. I don't object to them questioning my wife. But it wasn't right to go running after her and just grab her bag, and just assume she had stolen it's contents as the security guard said to my wife; "Is there anything else you have stolen!".
As I say my wife told them she had the receipt and was able to produce it! Hopefully maybe my complaint will have a positive affect and Lidl will re-train their Security staff so this doesn't happen in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment