Wednesday 19 March 2014

Don’t Shop At Lidil They may think your A Shoplifter!

I was Shocked when yesterday my Wife came back visibly distressed.  I asked her what was wrong.  It turned out she had been stopped at Lidl mistakenly by a Security guard thinking she was a Shoplifter.
As I Charlotte was left rather traumatised by this incident I promptly wrote to an e-mail to Lidl complaining about the incident.

Below is an edited copy of the e-mail I sent:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Me and Wife have been loyal customers at local branch since it opened sometime ago.  Even my wife's parents regularly shop there as we have felt Lidl's offers good service and value for money. I regretfully have to say I am angry about and incident that happened yesterday; 18/03/2014 with my Wife Charlotte Anne Smith.

I write to you on behalf of my wife about a serious complaint.  My Wife who suffers from mental health problems was wrongly stopped by one of you Security staff.  This unfortunate event has left my wife traumatised.  She came home very distressed and shaken and still has not recovered from this ordeal.
This would have also been very embarrassing for her and for other people who may have been witness to this event given the wrong impression about my Wife.
My Wife has no criminal record and extremely contentious, as such this mistake by your security staff could be seen a defamation of her good character. I should also point out that nothing like this has ever happened before.

Sadly this whole incident has affected me and my wife so much it has changed our view of your company and you can be assured that it will not help the reputation of Lidl's with our friend and family.
This means that despite many years of happily making purchases , from your company we will now be shopping else where in future.
Yours Faithfully,

Mr Lee Smith.
 
While I am glad Lidl take shoplifting seriously I feel they should be careful that they have evidence first to ensure they stop the right people instead of causing needles distress to innocent vulnerable people like my Wife.  while my wife could prove she had purchase her items as she had her receipt, it has meant we will no longer Shop at Lidl from now on.

I will update this post with Lidl’s reply as soon as I get it.
DIGITAL CAMERA Charlotte traumatised by her Shopping experience with Lidl.











No comments:

Post a Comment