Thursday 30 January 2014

Lace & Whiskey “Christmas Time Is Here” Review

Review by Lee Smith
Lead Vocals Guitar:  Andy Hodgson
Lead guitarist:  Melissa Collett
Bass:   Nick Charleston
Drums:  Aaron Smith

Lace & Whiskey ‘Christmas Time Is Here’ is the 2013 Christmas single from the East London band.  Okay I know it’s a bit late and nobody really wants to talk about Christmas in January.  This is a track though which really made me sit up and take this band seriously.  Andy Hodgson’s vocals are much cleaner than on there debut album release ‘Running Out Of Time”.   Vocals for me are very important to a band and plays a big part in me liking them or not.  Andy on this track shows he has a sensitive side to his vocals.   The rest of the band sound great too, top form in fact.   Although this may not be a very street cred thing to say, I also know his parents are very proud of this track.  As I was around Phil and Anne’s (Andy’s parents) when they played it for both me and my wife.  This in my opinion is the best track I have heard from Lace & Whiskey.  It manages to capture the spirit of Christmas perfectly.  I also love the more elaborate production used which features a children’s chorus.  The song is also extremely well written and shows a growing maturity.  Best part is apparently 50% of sales go to the charity World Vision.  What better reason do you need to purchase?
Please see * for more information on my review rating scores.
Production: 10
Shred: 2
Song Writing: 10
Performance: 10
32/40 = Green Thumbs-up!
* Any review scores more than 20/40 gets the Green Thumbs up!  Any Scores 35 or above get the Alien Candy gold award, and is an essential buy.




No comments:

Post a Comment