Sunday 2 February 2014

Latest Iron Mask News

 

I’ve known for a while from various personal conversations with Dushan Petrossi (Iron Mask & Magic Kingdom), that things have been difficult.  I can’t really add much to the statement below, it’s very sad to see a band you like going through tough times.  All I can say is my thoughts are with Dushan and his band and wish them every success in finding a new singer.  The following press release was posted 30th of Jan 2014.

Press release
I've come a long way since Iron Mask was founded, but the love for the music and band will never fade.
The fifth album has been released, again by AFM Record label and received super reviews and a lot of promotion.
For the last two albums Mark Boals and me worked together, and he gave me the vocals I heard in my head, whilst composing the songs.
Of course it's with pain in my heart, but times have changed and touring will always be a must for a band.
Since the vibe of a live show is very important for us as musicians, for the band itself and also for the many fans asking us to come play in their area, I feel pressured to follow the reality.
Times has changed, budgets have changed and we have to adapt, Iron Mask is not a studio project and we don't want to make it that.
Although Mark his voice fits perfect with my vision for Iron Mask, we have a logistical problem that obligates me to search for a different singer, close by.

Herefor, I will keep online auditions for a new male singer for Iron Mask.
The most important is, next to vocal capability and living close by Belgium of course, that the heart for this genre is there, the feeling for brotherhood in the band and the pride as a member of Iron Mask. This is something I have, just as Ramy and Vassili…
Age, looks, experience… are nothing against talent!
I am searching for someone that is part of the band, someone who doesn't just see it as the next project, a step up or 'because the rent needs to be paid'.
For all the men out there who are interested and want to take a chance to become the new knight in the Iron Mask Army, please follow guidelines:
- Send me an mp3 or video of your talent, if possible don't hesitate to try out with one of our songs.
You can do this on management@dushanpetrossi.com or on my Facebook page 'Dushan Petrossi' or 'Iron Mask'.

No matter what, you will always receive an answer from us, we appreciate your audition.
Please note, I know how much talent there is in the world, but I need to sustain from taking someone that can't be there or where the flight prices are too high.
I'd love finding the right guy in or around Belgium (France, Germany, Netherlands, England, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia …)

Official Iron Mask site

IRON MASK - Rock Religion (2013) official clip AFM Records, enjoy!

Taken from the new album "Fifth Son Of Winterdoom", released on November 8th, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment