Tuesday 11 March 2014

Me and my Wife’s joint Birthday celebration meal 9/3/2014

I have to say it is really nice since getting Married to be able to share joint birthday celebrations with my wife, Charlotte.  My birthday is on the 3rd of March and my wife’s is on the 5th.  This year not only did Charlotte's mother bake us a lovely chocolate cake, topped with walnuts. My wife's parents, Marion and Brian (the In-laws) treated us to a meal out at a country pub.

IMAG0760-1-1 copy

The Pub was in Apethorpe and was called 'The King's Head'. Apethorpe (pronounced "Ap-thorp") is a village and civil parish in East Northamptonshire district, of the shire county Northamptonshire. I was the only one who had a starter, as I couldn't resist the garlic mushrooms served with toasted ciabbata. Three of us (me, Charlotte and Brian) opted for the 28 day aged roast sirloin beef, with vegetables and Yorkshire Pudding. Marion probably just to be different, had a roast chicken dish.

 

Charlottekh3 IMAG0746m-1

The food was excellent. The only thing I could possibly criticise is the carrots that was served with the main course. They were a little under cooked and lacked flavour.

Charlottekh4 IMAG0750
The picture above shows Charlotte enjoying desert.

I wasn't going to have a pudding as I've put on weight lately. However for some reason I ended up having Apple and Sultana Crumble.  We had planned to share dessert however dessert is Charlotte's favourite course and so she refused to share her Raspberry Cheese Cake with me.

 

IMAG0760-1-2 apethorpe1

This year has been a fantastic Birthday and I am very grateful that I have Charlotte as my wife and the kindness of her family.

 

Charlottekh1My Wife upset over the prospect of sharing dessert.

Here, you can find reviews for The King’s Head Pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment