Thursday 23 January 2014

It’s Not For Girls

Yesterday I created this blog.  Today I make my very first entry.  It’s been harder than I thought.  Blogger isn’t the most user friendly thing in the world.  I didn’t realise that having a blog would mean editing html. I haven’t played around with html in years.  However I was keen to get the layout just right for my twitter feed.  Many thanks to David Nagel of DAM Productions for his help.  While my blog is now officially open as of today, there may be still a few things that need tweaking, if you notice a problem please let me know.

Today has been a funny day, which started with me trying a new energy drink called “Amp” from the makers of Mountain Dew.  Let me tell you.  “It really hits the spot!”  Certainly one of the nicer ones.  It tastes like Mountain Dew but slightly different.

 

IMAG0699

“Amp will blow your mind too!!”

The other thing I had this morning was a Yorkie bar.  I have not had one of those for ages.  This started me thinking……  Hmmm…  maybe there is a reason I’ve not had one, and no it’s not because of a new year resolution that we all make and never keep.  It’s also not that diet I should really be on. 

IMAG0697

It seems to me that Yorkie have missed a trick.  While it may have seemed like a good idea to some over paid marketing bod, to target the chocolate bar to only half the world (and maybe the universe too).  Every sane person knows that women love chocolate the most.  Just ask Charlotte my wife (who’s already made me buy her a box for valentines day).

yorkie_bar_quot_not_for_girls_quot

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But it’s not the brainless marketing that I find the most perplexing.  How on earth did they get away with such a sexist slogan as “It’s Not For Girls”.  Nestle you should be ashamed of yourself!  Still they taste great!

The rest of the day when not fiddling with html was spent chatting to a friend on Facebook, who’s a musician. can’t say who or give much detail, but he was telling me his problems and how hard it is to make money in the music industry these days.  It’s shame too as he’s extremely talented and I can only hope things work out and he doesn't give up on his music.

 

McGannAlt copy

As for me I have been working hard on a script for my new Doctor Who non-profit audio production.  I am proud to been able to cast D. B. Cooper as the Doctor.  More details of Doctor Who A Woman’s Touch will come shortly.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank Harry Hayfield for looking at the script for me and his ideas and suggestions

 

dbdwlogo

DB-SP-SF-2013 

D. B. Cooper The Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment